Update day: 20-11-2023
Category: Legal / Contracts
Job contentCompany Description
MET International AG (METI) was established in 2010 in order to consolidate and develop MET Group’s international natural gas sales and purchase portfolio, as well as to establish a trading arm for commodity lines.
METI is responsible for providing highly competitive supply structures to its gas and power sales affiliates, optimizing its power generation assets, managing the LNG portfolio, and trading around international positions.
We are currently seeking a Senior Legal & Regulatory Specialist with a focus on energy trading to join our organization in Baar, Switzerland. As a key member of our legal team, you will be responsible for handling legal matters associated with our trading operations. Reporting to the General Counsel, this role offers an exceptional opportunity for a talented and motivated legal professional to contribute to a dynamic and ambitious organization.
- Support General Counsel by leading advisory to LNG desk in trade documentation and negotiation pertaining to LNG MSPAs and underlying confirmation
- Provide sharp and clear legal advice on daily transactional LNG commodities business
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements related to energy trading (including natural gas) including sale and purchase, transportation agreement and other commercial agreements
- Provide support and general advice on LNG structuring transactions
- Collaborate with all internal stakeholders and provide proactive solutions to facilitate business objectives
- Analyze any regulatory matters attached to LNG business activities to secure company’s compliance (licences, reporting obligations, etc...).
- Strong educational background in Law ;
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiation and legal drafting, specifically in energy marketing and trading agreements (physical and financial)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an in-house legal role or at an international law firm, with a focus on LNG trading
- Knowledge and experience in Natural Gas trading agreements
- Strong understanding of the energy markets and trading instruments
- Familiarity with various EU commodity exchanges and commodity derivative trading
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Fluency in other languages such as German, French, or an East European language is an advantage
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to find solutions within the legal framework while considering the business drivers and needs
Click to apply for free candidate