(Senior) Frontend Engineer (f/m/x) - Art Tech Venture
Category: IT - Software Legal / Contracts
Job type: Temps plein, Temps de travail : 90-100%
Would the opportunity to disrupt the global arts industry through technological innovation excite you? Imagine a world where the story and provenance of every piece of art is stored immutably. Where artists automatically receive royalties for future sales, and where new ownership models are redefined to open up more flexibility for collectors, artists and galleries.
Backed by two of the most influential leaders in the global art world, BCG Digital Ventures is currently building the platform that will become the digital backbone of the physical art industry. Leveraging new technologies centered around distributed ledger, the platform will enable artists, art institutions, and museums to use a suite of tools to trade art and keep artists connected to their artwork. All while increasing operational transparency and efficiency in what is currently a fragmented ecosystem. We will redefine art ownership and open up exciting new models of participation for private and institutional galleries, artists, and collectors.
Due to launch in 2022, we are now recruiting the future team that will take over the reins from BCGDV and grow this business over the coming years and transform a very traditional industry primed for significant technological disruption. To achieve these goals, we will need a fantastic team to build upon the great work done during incubation and take the business forward.
The tech stack:
The frontend is built in Vue.js, Nuxt.js, and Typescript and the backend is primarily built in Spring Boot and Kotlin. Frontend and backend communicate via a GraphQL API.
Our frontend app uses Apollo for GraphQL, and the testing setup makes use of Jest and Cypress.
Our infrastructure is deployed on AWS, using Terraform to manage it. CI/CD pipelines are managed via Github Actions.
Our blockchain infrastructure is Ethereum based, with smart contracts written in Solidity.
What you’ll do:
- Grow an innovative, ground breaking product that address real customer frictions by developing and optimizing the blockchain platform and creating a smooth and pleasant end-user experience for our customers
- Build and implement top-notch frontend features based on Vue.js/Nuxt.js/ Typescript to enhance the user experience
- Contribute to a future-ready and high-quality performance code base, working on technical solutions and product ideas in close cooperation with other developers, designers, and product managers
- Responsibility for the design and implementation of the product frontend in a way that manages complexity and is scalable, including working with designers to define an elegant user experience based on their designs.
- Take end-to-end ownership over what you build and focus on qualities such as testing, security, stability, scalability and operability
- Foster good agile practices that provide a foundation for iterative product development and build valid solutions to real-world problems
- Keep up to date on the latest technology developments in the space with advancements in software development, blockchain, and Web3
What you’ll need
- Experience in building and maintaining high-quality frontend applications across Typescript, HTML, and CSS
- Excellent Frontend Engineering skills, working with modern libraries (we use Vue.js and Nuxt.js for example)
- Experience working in a cross-functional setting with UX/UI designers
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews and design documentation)
- Product bias with the ability to balance user-centric considerations with those of larger enterprise
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and strong collaboration skills to thrive in multidisciplinary teams
- You are adaptable to change and keen to work in a dynamic environment helping to shape an early-stage product
- Strong focus on code quality, robustness, automation, testing and monitoring
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as Cypress
- Experience of working with UX patterns and design systems
- Basic knowledge of blockchain, cryptography, distributed networks would be helpful in this role, but can also be learned on the job
- Experience in common authorization protocols (we make heavy use of OAuth2)
To learn more, visit us atbcgdv.com
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 120 000 CHF - 135 000 CHF par an⏰ 06-04-2023🌏 Uster, Zürich ZH
💸 25 CHF - 30 CHF par heure⏰ 13-04-2023🌏 Zürich, Zürich ZH
⏰ 11-04-2023🌏 Zürich, Zürich ZH
⏰ 17-04-2023🌏 Zürich, Zürich ZH
⏰ 09-04-2023🌏 Zürich, Zürich ZH
⏰ 14-04-2023🌏 Zürich, Zürich ZH
⏰ 16-04-2023🌏 Kloten, Zürich ZH
⏰ 03-04-2023🌏 Zürich, Zürich ZH
⏰ 16-04-2023🌏 Zürich, Zürich ZH
⏰ 04-04-2023🌏 Zürich, Zürich ZH