Update day: 30-10-2023
Job type: Full-time
Position at Logitech
Logitech is seeking a Senior Industrial Designer with an outstanding design portfolio with deep experience and a passion for industrial design to join it’s Design Team in Lausanne.
We work differently at Logitech. We design highly polished, human centred, branded, future-forward experiences across physical and digital touchpoints. We prototype to learn, design to inspire and ship real products that people love to use.
The Design Team’s charter is to design world-class, end-to-end consumer experiences. We harness user & technology insights and develop experiences and products using an integrated design, engineering and business approach.
In the Logitech Creativity & Productivity group we focus on making tools and solutions to improve how people work - both today and tomorrow. As the world rapidly changes around us, we are excited to understand and explore new opportunities that surround us and are building our team to explore and exploit that curiosity.
- Please include an up to date portfolio as part of your application.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Be driven by curiosity to connect with real people and their needs and work closely with partners in design, business and engineering to go deep in identifying, defining and delivering new experiences and solutions for those people.
- Be responsible for crafting meaningful, beautiful, well-rounded solutions to human problems - both to explore opportunities we might pursue and deliver the ones we have decided to go after.
- Collaborate closely with other designers and colleagues from other disciplines and be able to work as an individual and respected expert.
- Inspire others through your creativity as to how we can go further: in the products we make and the way we go about making them. We expect you to challenge the status quo.
- An avid problem solver: taking on big and small challenges with the same grace.
- Comfortable in ambiguous territory where design hasn’t historically been active.
- Passionate about human-centered design and able to defend the user’s point of view.
- A cross-functional collaborator who can easily work with and facilitate conversations.
- Quick to fail by building concepts and testing them along the way.
- A master of crafting beautiful details, while keeping the bigger picture in mind, (and vice versa).
- A progressively-minded and active participant in all phases of the design thinking process from conceptual, to strategic, to tactical, to implementation.
- Happy to occasionally travel overnight nationally and internationally
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- You live, breathe and love design.
- You’re both a passionate design thinker and craftsperson.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Industrial Design.
- Well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques.
- Strong portfolio of cutting edge design that proves not only solid design skills but forward thinking.
- Able to understand latest consumer electronics technologies, manufacturing processes and how to translate them for human needs and implement them.
- You love making stuff and trying things out: hands-on model making experience and skills
- Excellent skills in ideation, concept visualisation, form development, CAD, model making and rapid prototyping.
- You have experience defining products in ways colleagues inside & outside design can understand.
- You can translate and communicate your beautifully crafted ideas through inspiring & compelling storytelling to both the inside and outside world.
- Excellent 2D and 3D skills: fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite and 3D such as Rhinoceros, Alias, Fusion 360, SolidWorks, ProE and KeyShot.
- Highly-driven and a proactive self-starter - taking-on tasks without much context, without a lot of detailed instruction, and driving them through to useful and valuable deliverables.
- Believes in collaboration in a multi-disciplinary design environment – not waterfall.
- Excellent communication skills sharing your design thinking, presenting to all levels of co-workers throughout all stages of design.
- Willingness to take direction, learn from others, be brave and challenge the broader team.
- Optimistic outlook - we’re creating the future, after all!
- You have a BA in Industrial Design or a related degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 22-12-2023🌏 Lausanne, Vaud VD
⏰ 25-12-2023🌏 Lausanne, Vaud VD
⏰ 11-12-2023🌏 Bussigny, Vaud VD
⏰ 28-12-2023🌏 Vevey, Vaud VD
⏰ 10-12-2023🌏 La Sarraz, Vaud VD
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Yverdon-les-Bains, Vaud VD
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Lausanne, Vaud VD
⏰ 19-12-2023🌏 Lausanne, Vaud VD
⏰ 24-12-2023🌏 Lausanne, Vaud VD
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Lausanne, Vaud VD